sábado, 15 de março de 2008

Let it go


Today, I had to go to a place where I didn't really want to go. It was a trip through memory lane. A necessary voyage beneath clothes and photos and gadgets and souvenirs of the one I lost.
If you haven't done it once, I tell you, you're bound to do it someday.
It's one hell of a trip. Difficult, winding, complicated, confused.
You start by seeing, then touching, smelling, hearing and finally thinking.
The hardest one is obviously the last one, cause it brings back all the others at the same time gathered with the thoughts triggered by the senses.
And all of a suden, you're not where you are anymore. You're somewhere else. With someone else.
And for a split second, you are living a different life. But reality strikes. And all you can do is remember. And think. And cry.
I miss so many things and so many people. I know they'll never come back. Either because they're just too far away or too far gone.
I guess I like to travel a lot, but I really don't enjoy much when other people go. Once again, I come to the conclusion that we're here to learn to let go. So there you go.

Nenhum comentário: